We receive no government funding and rely entirely on the support of people who care about animals and want to make the world a better place for them.
How can I raise funds for SOS El Arca?
Here are some ideas to help you start fundraising:
At Home – Neighborhood:
- Sell Your Stuff & Declutter! Have a clear-out and sell your unwanted items, clothes, and books online, garage sale, or car boot sale.
- Give It Up! It could be chocolate, cakes, coffee, or alcohol to fundraise.
- Set up a JustGiving page and ask for donations instead of birthday or Christmas gifts.
- Sponsored Events – Be brave! Wax your legs or even brave a shaved head.
- Get Fit! Walk, run, cycle or even skydive to raise funds for the dogs!
- Charity Quiz – Hold a quiz online or in-person for donations with a small prize or 50/50 raffle for the winner.
- Meditation Class – Host meditation sessions during lunch and ask for donations in exchange.
- Cake ‘n’ Bake Sale – Make, bake or buy it. Perhaps have your colleagues try vegan cakes!
- Treasure Hunt – Create a treasure map and hunt for the rewards with your dogs.
- Sponsored Dog Walk – Invite your friends, family & doggy neighbors, Ask for donations per mile or per walk.
- Doggy Wash – Set up your own dog bathing service for the day
- Knitting – Get your needles out and make clothes, blankets, or toys to sell
- Book Swap – Swap books in exchange for money or donations
- Bingo Night – Host a virtual bingo night
- Clothes Swap – Swap clothes in exchange for ‘best price’ donations
- Guessing Game – How many sweets in the jar? – Winner gets the jar!
- Sponsored Silence – How long can you stay silent for? Sssshhhh…..
- Non-Uniform Day- Go in pyjamas or special themed fancy dress
- Spelling Bee – competition to see who knows how to spell the most words!
- Litter Pick – collect litter to prevent pollution and ask for donations
Fundraising ~ TOP TIPS
Tell everyone about your fundraiser through stories, videos, and pictures. Set up a Facebook event page and publicize as early as possible.
@SOS_El_Arca on Instagram
@SOSELArca on Facebook
Contact newspapers, radio and TV in your area, telling them about your event – spread the word!
Follow government guidelines for social and in-person meetings
If you are organising an event or have more ideas, please let us know! We’d love to hear from you and post your pictures on our social media!
Other Ways to Help
Have fun and make a difference at the same time, volunteering is a great experience to share with family and friends. All are welcome to help with dog walking, bathing, shelter maintenance and other daily tasks.
Your generous financial gift allows Sos El Arca Animal Rescue in Playa del Carmen to save abused street animals.
Together with you, we make their world a better place.